A quick and simple recipe that anyone can whip up on a whim!
This recipe is very easy to create, does not require many ingredients and cooks up in less than 10 minutes!
-1 block (250g) Tempeh
-1/2 tsp Black pepper
-1/2 cup Water
-1/2 cup Soy sauce (light)
-1/2 cup Brown sugar
-1 Tbsp Fresh ginger, minced
-1 Tbsp Fresh garlic, minced
1. Combine all ingredients in bowl.
2. Cut tempeh into desired shape or form. (strips, slices, cubes, etc)
3. Heat non stick pan on medium high heat.
4. Add 1 teaspoon coconut oil or preferred oil. Once hot, add tempeh and season with black pepper.
5. Brown tempeh on all sides until crisp and brown.
6. Add sauce and toss tempeh until fully coated. Sauce will reduce and boil quickly. Remove from heat as marinade will burn if left to cook too long.
Optional: Add sesame seeds for texture and flavour.
Enjoy with sautéed vegetables, over rice or other preferred grain, in a poke bowl, or as is!